I have for sale a Reprap Mendel 3D Printer. Unfortunately I have not touched this for a long time due to work commitments and other projects. Now it is sitting on my desk collecting dust so it's time for it
to go to a good home.
The printer is fully operational and printing. However, I must stress that there is still a little work left to complete the final calibration and setup of the unit (i.e. if you expect perfect prints first
time then this may not be for you!). I spent a lot of time and care building the printer and I have invested a substantial amount of money into it. I personally think it is one of the cleanest builds I have
seen...although I would be biased!
Apologies for the poor photo's, the lighting isn't good at all. Having just taken them it looks as if the bed could do with a new layer of Kapton tape - I will chuck in a roll for free.***Postage***
I have not yet worked out how I will post the unit. As you will know, these printers are quite heavy (~7kg) so the combined weight of the filament, spares and packaging may add up. I estimate the cost to be
around £20-£25. I am located in Wolverhampton, West Midlands if you would like to collect.***Disclaimer***
As with all of these types of sale, the printer is "Sold as seen". No DIY kit will be of production quality standards so please don't expect perfection. However,I will endeavor to answer any questions you
may have and will assist as much as possible.***Asking Price***
£400 inc. Postage (Open to sensible offers)
Payment via Instant Bank Transfer preffered but I will accept Paypal (subject to checking how much they will take!)
The best way to contact me is via email: biketrialsdave(@)hotmail(dot)com
Please see below for a detailed spec of the printer.Frame:
* All printed parts (inc extruder) were supplied by 'nophead'(http://hydraraptor.blogspot.co.uk
) and are of a very high quality white ABS. These parts were
printed on one of his own DIY machines which produces a very high quality print. See photo below.
* 4mm Aluminium Y-Chassis Plate (AKA "Squashed Frog" Plate)
* 4mm Aluminium "Purge" Plate
* 6mm Black POM (Acetal) Motherboard PlateElectronics:
* Printrboard Rev D
* SY42STH47 NEMA17 Stepper Motors (x4)
* Micro-switch End Stops
* 600W Alpine PSUFirmware:
* Marlin (Lincomatic's version for Printrboard: http://blog.lincomatic.com/?p=537
* 5mm Aluminium Heated Bed (Covered in Kapton Tape)
* 4x 1Ohm Power Resistors (Wired for 1ohm total resistance)
* Metal Bed SpringsExtruder:
* Adrian's Geared Extruder
* Mendel-Parts.com Hot End V6 (3mm Filament/0.5mm Nozzle)Extras Included:
* Black ABS 3mm Filament (Just under 1kg)
* Small Box of spares (bearings, nuts/bolts etc) Notes:
* One of the printed bed supports snapped off when I originally built the printer (over-tightened a bed spring). I glued this back together and it hasn't been a problem since.
* I used Pronterface and Slic3r software with no problems.***Photo's***http://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/1.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/2.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/3.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/4.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/5.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/6.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/7.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/8.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/9.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/10.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/11.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/12.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/13.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/14.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/15.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/16.jpghttp://biketrialsdave.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/reprap/17.jpg
Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.